Here are some tips to make sure your package is safe from thieves during the holiday season and anytime.
- If you know a package is coming don’t leave it unattended on your doorstep for a long period of time.
- Be careful about leaving items in your vehicle, you never know who is keeping an eye on you.
- If you won’t be home to accept mail, you can request that the post office hold your mail until you can pick it up.
- Mail your packages to your neighbor’s home and offer to keep their packages when they are not home.
- You have the ability to track your packages and receive text alerts when the package arrives.
The United States Postal Service is expecting to deliver nearly 15 billion letters, cards, flats and packages during the 2015 holiday season.