Authorities say with more packages being delivered to doorsteps for the holiday season, it’s important to keep them from getting into the wrong hands.
Here are some tips on how you can be ahead of the game and protect yourself from package thieves.
- Pick up your item from your local post office. UPS and FedEx can hold your package for up to five days free of charge.
- Keep a camera pointed at your porch; they can deter thieves and you can keep an eye for any packages that arrive.
- If you have something expensive on the way, ask your sender for signature confirmation. This ensures the package will be delivered to you.
- Remember that you can leave delivery instructions to accommodate your needs.
- If possible, have packages delivered to your work place if you are not home during the day. You can also redirect your package to a neighbor or relative home.