While it’s important to keep ourselves safe during the holiday, don’t forget about your four-legged friends.
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals has some tips for keeping your pets safe on the 4th of July and all summer long.
- Never use fireworks around pets. Fireworks can be frightening to your friend.
- Keep pets home in a safe, quiet place.
- Always keep matches and lighter fluid out of your pet’s reach.
- Make sure to never leave any alcoholic drinks unattended where pets can reach them.
- Do not apply any sunscreen or insect repellent product to your pet that isn’t specifically for animals.
- Keep glow jewelry away from pets.
- Keep your pets on their normal diet. Any change, even for one meal, can give your pet severe indigestion.
For more details, visit ASPCA.org.